The issue of guarantee and insurance-backed warranty has long been one raised by architects, main contractors and building owners. While manufacturers provide a material-only guarantee, the installer is left to offer the client the comfort that the project will be a success and he will be there if anything goes wrong.
The industry has called for a formalised insurance-backed scheme and this is now available through the FTMRC. The FTMRC can now offer a fully underwritten insurance-backed warranty for traditional hard metal roofing and cladding installations. The scheme provides the flexibility to cover the full range of installer involvement, from the provision of full envelope build-ups to metal workmanship only.
The FTMRC’s standardised installation guarantee issued by the installer details the scope of works to be covered by the insurance-backed warranty, with the insurance premium being included in the contract value.
With the focus on specification it is envisaged that the requirement for an insurance-backed warranty will become the norm in contract documentation. With access to the scheme being available only through FTMRC members, it gives the architect and building owner the comfort of knowing that their project will be undertaken by a recognised installer of good standing, adhering to the FTMRC Guide to Practice.
- An insurance backed warranty covering a complete range of hard metals
- Ensures compliance with manufacturer’s guidelines and recognised best practice
- Clearly defines installer’s responsibilities and liabilities
- Augments the manufacturer and installation guarantee
- Provides 10 years cover
- The warranty is transferable with the building ownership
- It offers the flexibility to cover roofs and/or facades
- The scheme’s insurers are regulated by the FCA
For more information on the insurance backed warranty scheme
Please contact a member of staff at the Federation of Traditional Metal Roofing Contractors (FTRMC), Centurion House, 36 London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1AB. Tel: 01342 301627 Email: email@example.com.